The last casualty was only 26 minutes ago. How many steps did you take in that time? Imagine if each of those steps were taken not knowing if when you placed your foot down you would face life, death or dismemberment. It’s a terrifying way to walk through life and a harsh reality faced by innocent people and communities around the globe each day.
Atrocities created by victim-activated explosives are solvable in our lifetime. But we can’t do it alone. We need your help. Take the next step. Take it today. Take it right now.
Standing still is not an option. It’s time for you to make a move.
Learn more about some simple acts that you can do to make a world of difference:
- Start a petition to your MP asking them to fix Bill S-10 and ensure that no Canadian is ever involved in the use of cluster munitions. Download the petition online in English or en Français and once you have 25 signatures submit the form to your Member of Parliament with a request that they present the petition to the House of Commons. Finally, let us know at
- Sign the People’s Treaty banning cluster bombs! Together we will get cluster bombs banned around the world.
- Write your MP and the media.Write an article or letter for your local media or blog using our how-to guides. Want to take action right now? Contact your MP using our convenient online Write now! E-tool to ensure the Canadian government upholds its promises on landmines and cluster bombs!
- Promote by helping to spread the word! Organize an educational event; give a presentation to your school, church, community, workplace or fundraise for a safer world for all. Everything you need is at your fingertips!
- Share your commitment and your passion using our social media tools which you can use to jump off to our Facebook page, our friends’ blogs, Flickr galleries and our new Youtube gallery. Please stay awhile, talk with us, we want to hear from you.
- Join our community or become a member. Help us build an explosion of interest in the safety and security of the victims and survivors of these insidious weapons. Formalize your involvement as:
- If you are a Canadian non-governmental organization or association, by registering as a full, associate, observer status member and reaping its benefits.
- If you are an individual or group, by signing up receive action alerts or our monthly Enews and be alerted to easy calls to action that you can take!
- Raise funds. Your support helps us implement programs here in Canada and around the world, and moves us closer to our goals – the eradication of landmines and cluster bombs from our world. Host a Bomb Appetit! Dinner party or choose one of the many other ways to raise funds fundraise and give to MAC including signing up to our monthly donor program online or donating without a dime doing your online shopping with igive.com!
One step after another. Let’s keep moving forward. Take the next steps:
Real change for good is within reach. It takes just one step. Make it yours. Make it today.