The last landmine casualty was only 2 hours ago. How many steps did you take in that time? Imagine if each of those steps were taken not knowing if when you placed your foot down you would face life, death or dismemberment. It’s a terrifying way to walk through life and a harsh reality faced by innocent people and communities around the globe each day.
Atrocities created by indiscriminate weapons are solvable in our lifetime. But we can’t do it alone. We need your help. Take the next step. Take it today. Take it right now.
Standing still is not an option. It’s time for you to make a move.
Learn more about some simple acts that you can do to make a world of difference:
- Write your MP and the media. Write an article or letter for your local media or blog using our how-to guides. Want to take action right now? Contact your MP to ensure the Canadian government upholds its promises on landmines and cluster bombs!
- Promote by helping to spread the word! Organize an educational event; give a presentation to your school, church, community, workplace or fundraise for a safer world for all. Everything you need is at your fingertips!
- Share your commitment and your passion using our social media tools which you can use to jump off to our Facebook page, our Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Please stay awhile, talk with us, we want to hear from you.
- Join our community or become a member. Help us build an explosion of interest in the safety and security of the victims and survivors of these insidious weapons. Formalize your involvement by joining our mailing list or volunteering.
- Raise funds. Your support helps us implement programs here in Canada and around the world, and moves us closer to our goals – the eradication of landmines and cluster bombs from our world. Host a Bomb Appetit! Dinner party or choose one of the many other ways to raise funds and give to MAC including signing up to our monthly donor program online!
Real change for good is within reach. It takes just one step. Make it yours. Make it today.