Students and teachers have a long history of contributing to disarmament efforts around the world. Mines Action Canada has put together a few classroom activities and other resources to help teachers and students learn more about disarmament and take action in their communities.
Ripple Effect (Landmines)
Land Release (Landmine clearance)
If You Love This Planet - Setsuko Thurlow (Nuclear Weapons)
Our Learn page has basic information on a number of disarmament issues while our Act page has some tools and ideas on how to make change. We also have a Youth Resources page with training modules on specific leadership and campaigning skills which your students might find helpful.
You can also visit the campaign pages directly to see the latest news.
- International Campaign to Ban Landmines
- Cluster Munition Coalition
- International Network on Explosive Weapons
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- Campaign to Stop Killer Robots
- The Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor
The International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons has a number of suggested activities for learning about nuclear weapons in their 2011 publication Learn Peace.